We use Discord for voice and text chat both inside and outside of LAN. You can find our official server at discord.gg/lsuvgs.
Some Discord channels, like Random Night Gaming, are available for everyone to use and speak freely, however before you have full access to Discord you'll have to register.
How to Register(top)This Discord server is designed to be used by anyone who wants to take part in society activities, although you will have to register first. Don't worry though, you will still be able to access the Random Night Gaming channel, even without being registered! If you want to become registered, here is how to do it:
- Please post in the Welcome channel with your forum name or another identifier (ie. “I killed you in Werewolves that one time!” would work).
- Make sure to @Committee so they can see you need help.
- Please be patient. Committee aren’t always at their PCs!
- If you want you can buy LSUVGS membership here and get your forum account upgraded following this thread.
- Committee (Red): Your committee! They run the show so respect them and don’t be afraid to ask any questions you may have.
- LSUVGS Members (Orange): Our paid-society members.
- lvl 1 (Green): Soon-to-be students at Loughborough who are interested in checking out LSUVGS.
- Friends of LSUVGS (Purple): Normally LAN attendees without memberships, or those who are actual ‘friends of’ the society.
- The Honourable (Blue): Given to those who have completed their role on LSUVGS committee and have bought membership for three.
- I see other roles what are they? We have roles for specific games, so if you need a party you can @DotA and get those tagged with the role.
Discord Bot(top)Botty McBotface is our very own Discord Bot. You can find him in his own bot channel on the Discord server. His main purpose is to assign users roles, even if no committee is present! He also has other functionalities and some easter eggs .
How do I use Botty to manage roles?
- To add a role (or multiple), type roleadd [role1], [role2] ...
- To remove a role (or multiple), type roleremove [role1], [role2] ...
- roleadd Minecraft
- roleremove DotA
- roleadd GW2, PUBG, LoL
- roleremove HotS, Rocket League, Civ
Rules(top)Important rules from the Discord community guidelines:
1. Do not share content that glorifies or promotes, in general, self-harm or suicide. Excessive 'suicide memes' will be removed.
2. Do not post or share content that is directly threatening to someone's physical or financial state.
3. Do not share or link any content with the intent to shame or degrade another individual.
4. Do not threaten another user with digital harm, or promote or engage in phishing.
5. Do not post, upload, transmit or otherwise disseminate information that is obscene, graphic, indecent, vulgar, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable.
6. Do not defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone.
The general LSUVGS ones:
1. Maintain a pleasant, casual atmosphere. Be respectful and use common sense.
2. Whilst swearing is allowed, we will not tolerate hate speech or slurs against anyone nor rudeness, or targeted swearing when used for harassment.
3. Be respectful to one another, take a leaf out of Bill and Ted's book: quote "Be excellent to each other".
4. Don’t spam or @mention something unnecessarily.
5. Don’t be disruptive in channels where games are happening. Randomly joining and shouting is not good!
6. Spoilers are not okay. What constitutes as a spoiler is at the discretion of the Committee.
7. Piracy and sharing of websites associated with piracy is discouraged and will be removed.
Moderation is at the Committee's discretion and committee have the final say. If you find any content inappropriate please report it to the Committee by either DM or @Committee. If you're unsure if something is okay please ask! Please keep meme spam to the #memes channel, and generally keep on topic in text channels.