- The society accepts no responsibility for attendants’ personal belongings.
- You are not covered by insurance unless you have purchased Clubs&Socs Insurance from the Union.
- All injuries during the event must be reported to a committee member/Organiser, regardless of severity.
- Make sure you have filled out your emergency contact details on the LAN Website.
- Photographs and Videos are taken throughout the LAN and will be used for promotional purposes.
- Any refund requested before the Thursday before LAN will be granted.
- Any refund requested after the Welcome Talk at LAN (10pm Friday) will not be processed.
- Any refunds requested between these times will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Activated tickets cannot be refunded.
- Getting to and from the LAN safely is the attendee's responsibility
- Note that at some LAN events there may be a 'LAN Van' service which can take up to two boxes of your equipment to the LAN providing you have contacted the committee in advance.
- Attendees are expected to bring their own equipment i.e. PCs, gaming consoles
- At the LAN you will be provided with 2 power sockets and 1 Ethernet cable (per ticket purchase), so don't bring more than what can be accommodated. Also see 4.2.2
- The society bears no responsibility for any damaged, lost or stolen equipment (including equipment transported by committee via 'LAN Van')
- Any equipment that causes concern for safety or welfare of members is prohibited
- When you first arrive at the LAN you must complete the sign in process
At the LAN(top)Points of contact
- If you have an issue at any time, bring it to the committee's attention. We run the show, we need to know
- If you have any concerns or queries find a committee member or an experienced member for assistance
- Do not engage in any prohibited actions, including but not limited to:
- Using the network for any illegal activity
- Consumption of alcohol
- Vaping indoors
- Use or distribution of illegal substances
- Do not modify the power or network distribution layout. Only use the power sockets provided
- Do not connect a router to the LAN
- Do not use any equipment you do not own without permission; this includes but is not limited to: university owned furniture, equipment; society owned equipment; personal belongings.
- Do not enter off limits areas or areas not part of the event during the event
- Only use authorised entrances and exits to the building, use of fire exits is not permitted unless in the event of a fire
- Do not leave open top liquid containers on a desk near electrical equipment
- Do not act irresponsibly or anti-socially
- Do not smoke near door ways or windows, and please dispose of cigarette ends in ash trays provided by the University
- Please take regular breaks from gaming.
- Ensure you stay well hydrated during the LAN.
- If you become injured at the LAN you must report to a committee member
- If you have a serious allergy or medical condition, please make the committee aware
- Familiarise yourself with the emergency exits and ensure they are not obstructed at all times
- When you are in the building ensure that you are signed in and when you leave make sure you sign out - we need to know where you are in case of emergency
End of LAN(top)Clean up
- Please leave the LAN in a reasonably tidy state
- If you need help getting home, ask! You'll find that most people are happy to help
- Don't drive tired
- If you're cycling in the dark, use lights